Camellia Gumbo Cajun Roux Base
South Louisiana is famous worldwide for the rich stew we call gumbo. Our Camellia® Brand Gumbo Cajun Roux Base is a perfect blend of authentic Cajun spices and vegetables you can use to easily prepare a delicious gumbo from scratch.
JUST ADD MEAT OR SEAFOOD FOR A CLASSIC ONE-POT MEAL
- In a medium pot, add ½ tsp. oil. Cook 1 lb. chicken and 1 lb. sausage (cut into bite-size pieces) over medium heat until browned.
- In a separate bowl, whisk Gumbo Cajun Roux Base into 7 cups cool water until combined. Add to chicken and sausage in pot, and bring to a boil.
- Simmer uncovered over low heat for 40 to 50 minutes (or until desired consistency is reached), stirring occasionally. Serve over rice.
We’re vegetarian and vegan friendly too! Replace meat or seafood with collard greens, turnip greens, mushrooms, or your favorite plant-based protein.
MAKE IT JUST RIGHT
- Use peeled shrimp or crawfish to make a seafood gumbo.
- Add seafood in last 15 minutes to prevent overcooking.
- For extra flavor, add vegetables like chopped okra, collard greens and green onion.
Serving size per package: 2 Tbsp (15g)
Servings per package: 13 servings